Meals are a common part of both social & business world, where food is to share and share is to connect. There are many occasions in one’s life where dining etiquette is of importance. Whether you’re networking, attending a “get-to-know-you” lunch, a dinner interview, or a business meeting over food, you need to be able to eat while still presenting yourself professionally.
Here are some tips to keep in mind which Amity Finishing School think is vital for anyone to make a confident impression in social or business situations.
- Place your napkin folded in half with the crease towards you as soon as you take your seat.
- While using the napkin in-between the meal make sure to blot your rather than wipe.
- When leaving the table if needed, place the napkin on the chair.
- Once everyone is finished with their meals, place your napkin gently to the left of the plate.
- When uncertain about the item on the menu, ask the server politely any question you may have.
- Avoid messy food items when meeting people for the first time or over business lunch.
- Always start using the silverware from outside and working towards inside.
- Once the silverware touches the food don’t place it back on the table.
- When in doubt which silverware to use, follow the lead of your host.
- Finger food to be eaten with fingers but maintain the neatness around it.
- While eating avoid to make a clattering sound.